Monday 15 September 2008

Sundance September 2008

So our good friends Kristen and Mark took us up to Sundance on Saturday. It is so beautiful up there. I was in heaven. Its where in the winter lots of skiers and snow boarders go to. The slopes look gorgeous. In the summer however its like nature central!! Theres tonnes of huge evergreens, log cabins and its so green! It really reminded me of England in that respect. The ski lifts also work during the summer taking sight seers up the slopes just to look at the mountains. We are gonna do it in a couple of weeks when all the fall colours come out. The lake you see in the pic is full of trout. The kids were feeding them their rather expensive but yummy crisps!! My big dream is to have a log cabin somewhere like this. Maybe in about 40 years!!

Stu balded himself just before we left for Sundance. Now he looks like a thug again!!
So Robert Redford is a huge fan of this area and infact built most of sundance. Theres some restaurants and gift shops and stuff and its where they used to host the film festival before it got to big. He has a home in this area too. So if I could just bump into him.........!
This is deffinately a place we'd bring y'all!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Sundance is beautiful. I think I perefer it without snow, being that I am allergic to cold and all.

Oh and I didnt get that comment.